Following the announcement made by Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern on Monday 21 September, we regret to inform that the Big Screen Symposium is postponed. 

The BSS team is working hard to secure new dates later in 2020.  

The postponement is due to the current government restrictions of gatherings up to 100 in Auckland under Alert Level 2. If Auckland must remain at Level 2 the week of October 5, we would not be able to hold the Big Screen Symposium on October 9-10. 

The BSS team acknowledges these changes make planning ahead difficult and apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you have already purchased tickets to Big Screen Symposium 2020, your ticket will still be valid for the new dates which we will announce imminently.  

If you can no longer attend the Big Screen Symposium you can submit for a refund directly from iTicket.  Information on this process will be released when we announce the new dates.

The disruption the Covid-19 pandemic has brought to events and the screen industry is being felt far and wide and we appreciate your ongoing support. The team is doing everything we can to bring filmmakers together at the Big Screen Symposium before the year is out.  

Thanks to our loyal sponsors we are pleased to be able to continue to offer our special Covid-19  discount on tickets for the rescheduled Big Screen Symposium 2020.

Ngā mihi,
Big Screen Symposium Team