BIG SCREEN SYMPOSIUM 2020 HAS BEEN POSTPONED.
Following the announcements made by Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, we have, regrettably, decided to postpone the Big Screen Symposium for now.
We will continue to take a watching brief on the national and regional response to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and we are hopeful we will be able to announce new dates for the 2020 Big Screen Symposium in the coming weeks. This decision has been made because the safety and well-being of our speakers, delegates, sponsors, staff, and crew is paramount at this time. A new date will be set as soon as possible.
Scholarships opportunities are on hold until the new dates have been announced.
New Zealand Film Commission Scholarships
The New Zealand Film Commission is offering a number of scholarships to attend the Big Screen Symposium in Auckland on the 3rd and 4th of April.
Applications are not open yet but details on what you will need to submit and where to apply will be available soon!
Otago Southland Regional Scholarship
Film Otago Southland is offering one scholarship to attend the Big Screen Symposium in Auckland on the 3rd and 4th of April. The scholarship will cover 1 x ticket to the two-day industry event and offer a $300 travel bursary to contribute toward travel and accommodation costs. Further detail can be found here.
- Applicants must be based in Otago and Southland
- Applicants must primarily work in or with the screen industry, or be actively working towards a career in the screen industry
- Applicants must be available and able to commit to attending the conference on the 3-4 April 2020
To apply you’ll need to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- An up-to-date resume
- A personal statement (approx. 200 – 500 words) explaining why you want to attend the event and how it might contribute to your career development
- Confirmation that you can travel during the event dates
Entries must be received by, Monday 16th March
Wellington and Marlborough Regional Scholarships
Screen Wellington are offering up to three scholarships to attend the Big Screen Symposium in Auckland on the 3rd and 4th of April. The scholarships cover travel, accommodation and one ticket to the two-day industry event. Scholarships are open to applicants from the Wellington and Marlborough regions only.
To apply you’ll need to send the following to email@example.com:
- A one-two paragraph personal statement as to why you should receive the scholarship
- Confirmation you can travel between 2nd and 4th April
- A link to a piece of your creative work you are most proud of
- A paragraph about why you want to attend.
Christchurch Regional Scholarship
Screen Canterbury details about a scholarship to the Big Screen Symposium are coming soon.